City Clerk's Office
Norma Alley has been appointed by the Mayor and City Council as the City Clerk and an officer of the City.
Angie Anderson serves as the Deputy City Clerk.
The City Clerk's Office operates as a separate entity from other city departments. The general duties of the City Clerk's Office are:
- Research and provide information to Council, process Council actions.
- Research and prepare ordinances and resolutions in conjunction with the City Attorney.
- Maintains original ordinances and resolutions and provides for codification of ordinances.
- Serves as the Records Manager, which includes managing City records, developing the retention schedules, and administering the procedure for inventory, storage and destruction of City records.
- Develops the City Council's and City Clerk's office budget.
- Administers City of Palmer elections.
- Acts as parliamentary adviser to Council.