Poll Voting on Election Day
Election Day is Tuesday, October 3, 2017!
Poll Voting on Election Day.
As a City resident you may vote at your designated polling place on Election Day. The polls are open from 7 am to 8 pm. Here are some things you can expect during the election process:
- Have your identification ready to show to the election official. Did you forget your id? You can still vote today, see the questioned ballot voter official for further instructions.
- You will be asked to sign the Matanuska-Susitna Borough and the City of Palmer precinct registers. If your name is not on the precinct registers or your qualifications to vote have been questioned, you can vote a questioned ballot. See the questioned ballot voter official for further instructions.
- If your name is on the precinct registers, you will be given a Borough ballot and a City ballot. Go to the voting booth to vote your ballots. Follow the instructions on the ballots to complete the ballots.
- If you make a mistake – do not try to fix it. Ask for a new ballot. Please remember that you may only have three Borough ballots and three City ballots.
- After you have marked your ballot, go to the Borough black ballot box and insert the Borough ballot in the optical scan unit and go to the City black ballot box and insert the City ballot in optical scan unit.